Monday, February 11, 2013

Death hates bacon cheeseburgers and fries

It has been a tough cycle. After not being able to eat for over a week, I was reduced to a mere 97 pounds. I slowly started to introduce food back into my stomach, taking care so I wouldn't make myself sick. Okay, so -- full disclosure -- my first meal was a bacon cheeseburger with chili cheese fries, and after a few bites I was terribly, terribly sick, but I definitely learned to be cautious after that! Suffice to say that meal was a net calorie loss. Luckily, I have gained some of the weight back since then, and am currently at a more reasonable 102 pounds. I'm okay with that. Even if I wasn't, I can't seem to gain more, so I might as well be happy with my current weight. Food just doesn't taste the same, and even when I eat my favorite foods, I can't seem to eat very much of it. But, I have chased Death away again. Hooray! I am titanium! (Cue David Guetta and Sia music)

Death hates bacon cheeseburgers and fries

This has been a fabulous week.

I still tire easily, but I am able to eat (enough) food, and most importantly, take care of my Joe and Evan. Joe's parents were in town for this weekend, and it was just what I needed to gather my strength for my fourth round of chemo. Unfortunately, because of chemo, we have not been able to see them for several long months, so it was a very welcome and exciting visit.

Evan was so very excited to see his Sittee and his Grandpapa. He received a lot of brand new toys to play with, and got to spend time with two grandparents who dote on and spoil him endlessly. Who wouldn't love that?

I think that it was also good for Joe. He is such a strong source of support for me, but I worry that he isn't getting the help or emotional support he needs to support him through this, as well. I know that it is hard to see the person you love in so much pain. But I could tell he was able to relax a little with his mom and dad here, even quoting a little Robert Frost with his mother during dinner (I prefer Edgar Allan Poe myself- I am so much darker than he is- hehe). I told mom and dad to come out again, anytime. Whether I am feeling good or feeling badly, they will provide comfort and support for Joe. And for that, I am always grateful. I guess that's one of the few constants we have in life -- death, taxes, and love. Mom, Dad, I loved every moment of your time with us. Please come back again soon.

So much love!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, gotta love the pix of Evan with his grandparents! Glad Joe also could get some TLC from his parents too! You and Joe are TITANIUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the love from your amazing families and your courage of titanium, I know you are going to kick this cycle 4 in the bacon cheeseburger buttocks! P.S. Can I please get an invite next time you go for bacon cheeseburgers? My favorite! LOL.

    ReplyDelete